Oh, this whole world keeps spinning 'round. It's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down. There comes a time, comes a time.
Neil Young

Friday, February 24, 2012

Kidding Preperation

With kidding on the way, I have to make another pen to keep one of the girls in for bonding time. This is the old chicken coop. It's basically the summer house. But now, it's a kidding pen for whoever kids first. It looks really roughed up, but it's solid and reliable.
 It's got a good door my dad made a few years ago.
 It has some cracks, but I fixed those yesterday after I took these photos.
The white box is a creep space for the kids.
 All those little cracks where the sun is getting through, along with a chilly breeze are patched up.
 I've started putting my kidding kit together. 
Hopefully I won't need these bottles!
 And to top it all off, here's a picture of a handsome rooster.

Linking to Deborah Jean's for Farmgirl Friday Bloghop.

Also linking to The Country Homemaker bloghop.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hello Tayet,
I am very excited about your kidding preparation posts. I plan to read each of them, as they come. I have never owned goats- though I grew up around them at my grandparents place, but I'd sure like to have a few myself someday. I'd like a beehive too.

Thank you for sharing this very helpful, practical, homesteading information. I look forward to your next post.

Have a great weekend and I sure hope you don't have to nurse baby goats with those cute little bottles either. You'd get no sleep. lol.

Deborah Jean at Dandelion House said...

Hi Tayet,
What an interesting name! So unique!
Thank you for your post on kidding. We don't keep goats, ( chickens are our thing ) but many of our readers who link up on Farmgirl Friday are goat lovers and love to share about soap making, cheese making and recipes too! Welcome!
Deb