Oh, this whole world keeps spinning 'round. It's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down. There comes a time, comes a time.
Neil Young

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Saturday Centus--Leaving for World War II, Saying Goodbye was Harder Then She Thought


Saying goodbye was harder then she thought. "Farewell. I will see you upon your return, because you will come back. No matter what." Miranda's eyes filled with tears as Benjamin kissed her hand. He looked down at her, his own eyes filling. "I will come back to you always. I'll always be here with you and even when I'm not, I will be." Miranda looked at him with all the love in the world. She couldn't think of a world without Ben. They shared the sweetest kiss they had ever had together and slowly parted as he got into the cab and rode away into the sunset.

Linking to Saturday Centus with Jenny Matlock.

2 comments:

edenhills said...

What a wonderful story for Saturday Centus. I enjoyed reading your fiction. You really are a good writer.

Jenny said...

Oh.

Gosh.

Oh.

Wow.

I loved this.

And what a perfect picture to illustrate these evocative words!