Oh, this whole world keeps spinning 'round. It's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down. There comes a time, comes a time.
Neil Young

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Saturday Centus--My Untied Shoelace

My untied shoelace changed my life. As I leaned down to re-tie it, I kicked away a few leaves. When I turned my head slightly to look where the leaves had been, I was astonished to see a rubber-banded wad of hundred dollar bills nestled in a little indention in the muddy ground. I was going to cry, this was the blessing I'd been waiting for.. This money was exactly what I needed to get the car that would be my ferry across the US. I needed this car to go to college, the most important part of my education. I'd been $300 short of getting the beat-up Civic Wagon that would change my life. And now I had more then $300. Way more. Enough to get me a plane ticket if I wanted. But no. I worked hard for that car. I was going to get it. I was going to college.

Linking to Jenny Matlock for Saturday Centus.
Jenny Matlock

3 comments:

anitamombanita said...

Nicely done. Definitely a life changing decision.

Splendid Little Stars said...

Happy studying!

Jenny said...

Oh wow.

Love this.

A life changing shoe lace for certain.

I really liked this.

Thank you for sharing it.