Oh, this whole world keeps spinning 'round. It's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down. There comes a time, comes a time.
Neil Young

Monday, April 9, 2012

Tethered

Doesn't Cassie look cute in her new collar?
The babies have been wandering since birth. Their mothers got tethered, and they were free to roam wherever they liked, within reason of course. Until 3 or 4 days ago, we found them across the road. Yeah. As in, on the other side of the road. Now, I live on a road with 3 other houses, we have very little traffic besides the mailman. But I was (of course) not going to even have the smallest possibility of my babies getting hit by a car. So, on to the tethers they went. They screamed. They cried. They whined and pretty much tried anything to be let off the tether. It didn't work. Penny is the worst about it, she screams no matter where she is, or how close she is to her mother. Very tedious and annoying. But, it's better then her being smooshed by a car going over the speed limit. So these babies got a month of freedom, I'd say that's pretty good. But their innocent childhood is coming to an end.

3 comments:

edenhills said...

Poor babies. All of my goats are in the barnyard now until I get a big stretch of fence replaced. Otherwise they would all end up on the road too.

Anne Kimball said...

What a beautiful picture of your kid! They are the cutest creatures on earth, aren't they?

We haven't had any babies on our farm in a couple years, and I miss them!

Love for you to pop on over to my Life on the Funny Farm blog sometime to say hi. I'm at http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com.

Have a great day!

The Southern Peach-Girls said...

Awwww...so cute! I love her!

-Faith