Oh, this whole world keeps spinning 'round. It's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down. There comes a time, comes a time.
Neil Young

Monday, April 16, 2012

Visiting a Goat Farm

For our monthly 4-H trip, we went to a goat farm about 20 minutes from our house. They have around 150 goats with a lot of them pregnant. When we were there, a goat went into labor! Our club got to see a little buck be born! And the best part is.....



















I get to take him home tomorrow!




That's right. I get to take the cute little boy home. He is the cutest thing. His mother is a pure white La Mancha (probably part Saanen) and I don't know what his father is, but the Farmer said that he's part Nubian. Here he is being born.

Pushing.

Pulling.

There he is!

Baby on the ground.

I'm probably going to name him Cuatro H. Pronounced Qwa-tro Ah-chay. It's Spanish for 4-H. Almost my whole club was there when he was born, so I'm going to take him to next months meeting for all the other kids to see. Very cool, yeah?

Linking to Homestead Barn Hop, Photo Friday, Farmgirl Friday and Favorite Photo Monday.

5 comments:

DebH said...

yup! Very Very Cool!!
I bet your excited, as you've already bonded with that little boy and what fun to have such a story how he got there!
Yessirree, those kids are going to remember that for sure!

The Southern Peach-Girls said...

AWESOME!!!!! I love him! He is cute!!!
-Flannery

Bessie M. said...

How exciting! I love birth. :) Congrats on your new little buck--he looks adorable!

Miss Charming said...

What great timing! I'm sure he will be well loved by your 4H group.

bettyl said...

Gosh, I'm sure he'll enjoy his new home!