Oh, this whole world keeps spinning 'round. It's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down. There comes a time, comes a time.
Neil Young

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Saturday Centus


High heels are the bane of my existence. Too bad my mother, didn't understand that. "Mooom," I whined. "When is this thing going to end?" She looked at me sharply. "Maya, this is your sister's wedding reception, you could at least TRY to have fu--" "STEP SISTER, Mom. She's my STEP SISTER." I interrupted. "Well, I don't see how that's any different. She is your family and you had might as well act like it!" I sighed and walked away to a small bench that sat nearby. I sat down and started undoing the straps on my shoes. Good riddance.

Linking up with Jenny Matlock for
Jenny Matlock

16 comments:

Judie said...

So true!!! I refer to high heels as cruel shoes!!

Karen S. said...

Oh yeah!!! barefootin' is so much more relaxing! great prompt post! :)

Sue said...

Boy, can I ever related. I only do heels for weddings now!

=)

Patty Woodland said...

Aaah, but family requires sacrifice.

Kim said...

Heels are instruments of torture!

Gail said...

Very good.

Viki said...

I know just how she feels. I always end up taking off heels at a wedding.
LOL

Kiya/Delena said...

GREAT POST! I'd much rather go barefoot to ANY place then go Anywhere in high heels!
High heels are very uncomfortable. And barefoot, well that is just a different story-being barefoot just feels plain old great!

anitamombanita said...

I hate heels. 'Nuff said!

Candy C. said...

Great post!! :)

Ames said...

I'm with ya on that one. I am a sensible shoe kind of gal myself!~Ames

Jo said...

I can't remember the last time i wore heels ... but i think it was pre-child .... and back then i had a huge collection, i loved them, total shoe girl ... not at all anymore.

bluegrassnotes said...

high heels -- ouch. And how does anybody else feel better if I wear them???

Carrie said...

fun little exchange. I'd have kicked off the shoes long ago :)

Visiting from Jenny's

Naila Moon said...

Yes, kick off those shoes and like your family! lol

~Naila Moon

http://writing-out-of-the-blue.blogspot.com/2012/05/dressed-for-successa-story.html

Jenny said...

I loved this!

Your dialogue was so spot on!

I can hear the conversation now...heels do stink...even low ones!