Oh, this whole world keeps spinning 'round. It's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down. There comes a time, comes a time.
Neil Young

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday Centus--It's an Amusing Little Whine

Everyone burst out laughing. Leo said "Another story, Jade! Your life is too funny!" Jade smiled. "Well, every morning when Minnie comes downstairs she asks 'Mommy, is it my birthday?' It's an annoying little whine, but when she grows up we'll always talk about how cute she was, asking about her birthday." Everyone at the table Awww-ed. It was very Awww-worthy. Jade smiled again, "That isn't all. When it's actually her birthday, I'm getting her a shirt that says 'Is it my Birthday?' so she doesn't have to ask anymore!" Minnie popped out from behind the door, "I heard that!"


Jenny Matlock

8 comments:

Viki said...

oops, I guess the surprise is ruined lol. Very cute take on this prompt.

anitamombanita said...

Love it! So cute.

Judie said...

Very clever! This year, however, I actually forgot that it was my birthday! Age does that to you!

Emma Major said...

I love it, how old is the star of the story?

Karen S. said...

...and how many years is it?!! Very cute!

Jim said...

Really nice, Tayet. Cute little girls say the cutest things, don't they?

Our soon-to-be three-year-old granddaughter will have her birthday just before her mom's.

All the time she tells our daughter, "Mommy, it's my birthday, you can't have one."
..

Jo said...

cute little story ... and sometimes there is no surprising kids! they seem to hear everything!

Jenny said...

Our youngest Granddaughter just turned 6 and this felt really poignant to me!

Gosh.

Childhood memories are so precious!